Brainwave took a dump and future upgrades

Discussion in 'OpenBeam Kossel Reprap and OpenBeam Kossel Pro' started by Matt, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Matt

Matt New Member

Looks like my brainwave died.. extruder motor is no longer running, i've tried a half dozen other steppers and none of them turn, occasionally when attempting to extrude the z-axis starts moving randomly... I am done messing with it to try and get it to work again. So taking this opportunity to do a massive upgrade.

Have the FSR kit in hand(ultibots),

ordered the Azteeg mini and viki2 (http://www.panucatt.com/azteeg_X5_mini_reprap_3d_printer_controller_p/ax5mini.htm),

ordered a set of magnetic carriages and end effector from aliexpress (https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...-kit-for-Delta-kossel/718699_32594459530.html)

and got a new version of the E3dV6.1 (catridge thermistor) on order direct from e3d along with a titan extruder.

Will provide some pictures and progress as I go. following in the footsteps of @grainiac and see how things go from there, the kossel pro was supposed to be my first 3dprinter but I have moved onto a i3 prusa version so i can print parts to fix the kossel. really hoping to get this bad boy going and running in tip top shape so i can stop messing with shimming and leveling a bed.
  2. David Boyd

David Boyd Active Member

Good Luck, this prompted me to undertake the same modification (the heated bed on my brainwave will not turn off).
    Let me know which of the @grainiac effector and hotend mounts you end up using.
    Wish the machined end effector was available.
  3. Matt

Matt New Member

the end effector from aliexpress is alumninum and should work more or less the same as the printed one, its compatable with the grovemount on the e3dV6 and clones.

[​IMG]
  4. protoserge

protoserge Member

There is a machined reprap kossel E3D effector available on Amazon.
  5. Matt

Matt New Member

the official open beam one has been out of stock forever, if you are talking the generic ones, I have once, but it is not compatible with the shoulder bolts, additionally the one I received has the magnets embedded in it to use the ball end arms and also has magnetic carriages. The idea is this is an complete ready to swap carriage, arm and end effector to use magnets and will also accept the e3d standard. For the price and avoiding the hassle of doing the printing, magnets ordering the bits and bobs separate it was a deal for me.

this is the complete setup if for some reason you cant goto the aliexpress link.

I will post my own photos and a review when i receive it.

[​IMG]
  6. Joseph Tam

Joseph Tam New Member

please let me know how it goes, i am interetsd in this as well