Peristaltic Pump

Discussion in 'Automations and Robotics' started by Chris Gilroy, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Chris Gilroy

Chris Gilroy Multiplxd Staff Member

While I've been working on my keyboard project, I like to take little sanity breaks and with an upcoming project needing one (or several) I designed and am currently printing a peristaltic pump on the Kossel Mini prototype:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've got a few more parts printing, I'll post more pics when they're done along with a video of it running when I've got the whole unit assembled.
    samspade4321 likes this.
  2. protoserge

protoserge Member

Those are some good looking parts! The layers seem very consistent with only minor sputtering. Were you using a random starting point on each layer?

What filament was used?
  3. Chris Gilroy

Chris Gilroy Multiplxd Staff Member

The start point was determined purely by the KISS slicer we're currently using, however we're getting all the setting ported over to Slic3r & Cura.

The filament is from Filaments.ca and is supposedly the house brand. I haven't been much of a fan of it, it tends to slip, jam and has ruined a ton of prints and what I've been able to get out of the machine so far has mostly been luck out of several restarts.
  4. jam68

jam68 New Member

Anything new on this? It would be interesting to see the completed unit and hear how it worked.

JAM
  5. Claymous

Claymous New Member

Really solid take on the peristaltic! I'm trying to develop an extruded clay printer and have been looking for the right pump - any chance you'd be willing to share this file? As a ceramic artist new to 3D modeling I'm pretty green with the software and nowhere near being able to make something like this.
  6. HazelMiki

HazelMiki New Member

Hey....i am new user here. Thanks for sharing your project information here and really it is a nice project. Actually i want to know the specifications of the motor that you are using here. Which type of motor it is and what are its specifications? What type of requirements it has? Also from where you got it?
  7. protoserge

protoserge Member

I Googled the part number on the motor. The exact motor is available here: https://solarbotics.com/product/33600/

You can buy them from a number of sources (eBay, Aliexpress, Amazon) . You can just search for the torque and form factor to get one that is equivalent.